Argos Reporting System
Evision’s Argos Reporting System is the university report tool. Argos is a user friendly web based reporting tool that can be deployed campus-wide. Argos effectively meets reporting needs from simple ad hoc queries to advanced dashboards with interactive charts and data cube.
- Unlimited number of users, user types, database types, and database connections
- Evisions CO-OP User Community provides hundreds of pre-designed reports and datablocks for quick start-up
- Easy to use application allows quick access to data, minimizing IT workload
- Allows timely and informed data driven decisions in all areas- Student, Finance, Advancement, Institutional Research, HR, etc.
- Unlimited and free on-line interactive training
- Cross-Platform functionality
- Localized language options (English, Spanish, French, and Arabic)
Customized Argos Report Requests
Decision Support Services can create Argos Reports to fit the request for data based on user specified parameters and modify existing Argos reports.
To request a new report: Argos Report New Request Site.
To request a modification to an existing Argos report: Modify Argos Report Modification Request Site.
If you are new to Argos, or want to increase your knowledge, consider taking one of the courses we offer to GSU faculty and staff.
The requirements for taking any of these classes include:
- Argos access. You must fill out the online Argos access form (see link below) prior to attending a class. When you have filled out the form, it will automatically “submit.” Note you must request every Argos “role” you want. If you only specify one role and then decide you will want another one, you must submit another request. If you believe you will need more than one, its better to request all the roles at the same time.
- Data access. You must have access to the data presented in class to be allowed to attend the class. Fill out the data access form (see link below), requesting the various data you will need to access. Note that different types of data require authorization from different individuals to whom you must request access. Those individuals will return the authorized requests back to DSS. This process can take a few days, so plan on getting your data access form authorized at least a week before class.
Note the classes may not be in date order.
If you decide to register for a class, continue clicking on “Register” until you have a “ticket number.” The ticket number assures you have a place in the class.
Please also register with your GSU email address. Every participant has to be verified to be either a GSU faculty or staff member.
Argos Report Viewer – you will learn how to search for and run reports in Argos, as well as other reporting options. Prior Argos experience is not required for this class. You will be able to run and save the two most common types of reports – comma delimited (CV) and banded (BR).
Argos Report Writer – you will learn how to use datablocks (where database information is stored) and to create and modify reports. Although not required, it is recommended that you take Argos Report Viewer prior to taking this class.
IPORT/Argos Report Viewer – The IPORT part of this class is a demonstration that includes running/executing/exporting reports and creating customized reports using worksheets. In the Argos Report Viewer part of the class you will learn how to search for and run reports in Argos, as well as other reporting options. Prior Argos experience is not required for this class. You will be able to run and save the two most common types of reports – comma delimited (CV) and banded (BR).
IPORT and IPORT Worksheets – The IPORT class is a demonstration that includes running/executing/exporting reports.
This class also expands your knowledge of customizing IPORT worksheets. You will learn to use formatting tools such as filter, aggregate, grouping data and creating charts. You must have taken the IPORT training class or have a good working knowledge of IPORT before taking this class.
IPORT Worksheets – This class expands your knowledge of customizing IPORT worksheets. You will learn to use formatting tools such as filter, aggregate, grouping data and creating charts.
Datablock Designer – Datablocks are central to creating and using reports in Argos. In this class you will build two datablocks from scratch. SQL knowledge is not required for this class, but if you are serious about becoming a datablock designer, you should have a good working knowledge of SQL and Banner tables. It is recommended that you take Argos Report Viewer and Argos Report Writer prior to taking this class.
Links to required forms:
Argos Quick Start Guide to run reports:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
If you have any questions, please email ArgosAdmin@gsu.edu.