Thank you again for your willingness to serve as an external reviewer for the Academic Program Review process at Georgia State University. The information needed for you to complete your service is located under this tab.
The responsibilities of the external reviewers include
- Reviewing materials provided by Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness (instructions for review, self study-report and appendices, chair’s and dean’s letters, and department, college, and university strategic plans, as available)
- Once on campus, electing a chairperson
- Visiting campus for two days and meeting with faculty, students, staff, and administrators
- Participating in an exit meeting with unit’s chair/director, dean, associate deans (where appropriate), associate provosts, and provost
- Within 10 days of completion of site visit, submitting the external reviewers’ report to Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness.
Please explore the links to the left, which include a mock site visit schedule, the external review report guide, links to relevant college documents, and information about honoraria and the reimbursement of travel expenses. The documents prepared by the unit that you have been asked to review (self-study report and appendices, chair’s letter, and dean’s letter) can be found on the page APR Documents: 2013-2020. The password for accessing these documents was included in an email sent to you. If you need any assistance, please contact:
John Duffield, PhD
Director of Academic Program Review