The Dean and Dean’s Office in the college of the unit undergoing review play numerous roles in the APR process:
- Confirms units to be reviewed with Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE)
- Provides college-level guidance to units (APR orientation)
- Provides ranked list of potential external reviewers
- Selects internal reviewer
- Reviews draft of unit’s self-study report
- Prepares letter for review team based on final self-study report and unit head’s letter
- Hosts orientation dinner for review team and attends site visit exit interview
- Reviews report prepared by review team
- Works with unit to prepare draft Action Plan and make necessary revisions
- Supervises the unit’s implementation of the Action Plan
- Submits reports on progress toward implementation of the Action Plan. A template for the Action Plan Implementation Report is available here: Action Plan Implementation Report Template
The tabs on this page provide guidelines and templates to enable Deans to meet their responsibilities at each stage.
If you have questions about the process, please contact John Duffield, Director of Assessment and Review, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 404-413-2615.