State Authorization and Consumer Complaints

State Authorization

Georgia State University monitors developments in state laws in every state. If authorization or licensure is necessary or becomes necessary, Georgia State University will obtain the required additional approvals. Georgia State University is currently authorized, licensed, registered, exempt or not subject to approval in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. If you do not reside in one of the states listed, you may consider attending classes on-site.

Contact Information for Consumer Complaints

 Pursuant to the United States Department of Education’s Program Integrity Rule, each institution of higher education is required to provide all prospective and current students with the contact information of the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary education institutions offering distance learning within that state.  Click here   to access a list of contacts from each state in which a student may file a complaint.

 Students are encouraged to utilize Georgia State University’s internal complaint or review policies and procedures prior to filing a complaint with a state agency.  These can be found in the Student Code of Conduct and in the  Georgia State University Policy Procedures for Student Complaints, Petitions for Policy Waivers and Variances, and Appeals.

Current or prospective Georgia State University students with a concern directly related to online learning may contact Michael Galchinsky, Director of Distance Education, at 404 413-2501, or