- Review “Information for External Reviewers” posted on Academic Program Review website
- Review materials provided by Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness (instructions for review, self study report and appendices, chair’s and dean’s letters, and department, college, and university strategic plans, as available)
- Once on campus, elect a chairperson
- Visit campus for two days, meeting with faculty, students, and staff
- Participate in exit meeting with unit’s chair/director, dean, associate deans (where appropriate), associate provosts, and provost
- Within 10 days of completion of site visit, submits external reviewers’ report to Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness.