Administrative Assessment and Unit Review Process
Administrative Assessment at Georgia State University is in response to the University’s commitment to continuous quality improvement as well as to comply with the SACS requirement to define and monitor outcomes for the administrative units.
The administrative process is a set of activities that combines an annual administrative review process with a more strategic in depth assessment occurring every 7 years.
Our mission is to foster among the University’s administrative departments a culture that values self-examination, quality improvement, strategic thinking, mission-aligned planning and the continuous pursuit of excellence to create a university climate that is accessible, responsive and relevant.
Goals of Administrative Assessment
• Reduce Redundancy
• Articulate the needs of SACS and the Board of Regents in our assessment structure
• Generate new cross-department analysis
• Optimize data resources
• Continuous Quality Improvement
• Establish clear priorities that link to the University priorities
• Improve short and long range planning to reach those priorities
• Integrate assessment into operations
• Improve levels of customer and employee satisfaction
• Support for managers and employees to improve skills
• Opportunities for increasing and supporting diversity and inclusion in the University community.
OIE Office Support
• Project planning
• Editing support
• Facilitation services
Institutional Research Support
• Data Profiles
• Benchmarking Advice
• Customer Surveys
• Data Analysis and Presentation
Kick Off - Data Collection and Review - Report Writing and Preparation - Submission and Action Plan - Follow Up