Review Processes at 1 and 6 Years
Annual Reporting of Institutional Effectiveness Outcomes
- Departmental reports will be pulled from WEAVEonline shortly after the end of the fiscal year
- The director of Administrative Assessment and Review, will review all reports
- Summary reports will be sent to Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Provost
- Suggestions and recommendations for improving the definitions of the intended outcomes and improving or broadening the measures used will be sent back to the unit head (vice president, associate provost, assistant vice president). [Interventions will be arranged for departments that fail to consider the recommendations.]
- It should be noted that the Provost has access to all the current and archived information on WEAVEonline, and may review that information at any time.
Third year Summary Review of Departmental Outcomes
- Three years prior to a unit’s scheduled ASU Review the Office of Institutional Effectiveness will prepare a summary report of the unit’s information on WEAVEonline for the ASUR Committee to review and comment on. The written comments, suggestions and recommendations will be sent back to the vice president, associate provost, or assistant vice president (formative review that concentrates on their functional responsibilities, intended outcomes and measures, not on their findings).
ASUR Self Study Reporting (every six years)
- The division’s/subdivision’s ASUR self-study will be reviewed by the ASUR Committee, and a full report (summary of the committee’s observations along with recommendations for improvement of the unit’s monitoring processes as well as its results) will be sent back to the vice president, associate provost, or assistant vice president.
- The division’s/subdivision’s Executive Summary and Cover Sheet and the Institutional Effectiveness Review Committee’s report will be posted to the University web page and copies are sent to the Administrative Council and the Planning and Development Committee for their review and comments back to the unit.
- The unit’s Action Plan (developed after receiving comments and recommendations) will be reviewed by the Provost, and the negotiated University commitment will be posted to the University webpage.
Detail of Unit Reporting Requirements at 1 and 6 Years
Requirements for Annual Reporting of Institutional Effectiveness Outcomes
- Mission statement
- Goals or Functional Responsibilities
- Outcomes (linked to University Strategic Plan and Priorities)
- Measures and targets for each outcome
- Results (findings) for each measure
- Analysis of findings
- Action plan
- Annual report
Requirements for ASUR Self-Study (every six years) in addition to those stated above:
- Summary of three years of annual reporting results
- Summary and discussion of employee climate survey
- Summary of peer comparisons
- Formal Negotiated Action Plan