- Review “Information for External Reviewers” posted on Academic Program Review website
- Review materials provided by associate provost for institutional effectiveness (e.g., instructions for review, self study, and department/college/university strategic plan, if available)
- Once on campus, elect a chairperson
- Visit campus for two days
- Participate in exit meeting with unit’s chair/director, dean, associate deans (where appropriate), associate provosts and provost
- Within 10 days of completion of site visit, external review team submits external reviewer’s report to associate provost for institutional effectiveness.