Guidelines for Section of External Reviewers -under Deans
- There are usually three external reviewers. However, in the case of additional focus areas and/or programs, academic units may request additional reviewers.
- External reviewers should be selected from peer or aspiring departments/programs, preferably located at peer or aspirational institutions.
- Reviewers should be at the rank of professor, and those with administrative experience (e.g., department chair, dean) often provide the best institutional perspective for an academic unit.
- Except under special circumstances, it is best to avoid reviewers from the Atlanta area and from University System of Georgia institutions.
- The academic unit should submit a rank-ordered list to the dean’s office. The dean’s office may reorder the list. Reviewers will be invited in the order in which they are listed.